I’m a digital/stand-up/running/writing generalist based in London. Maybe we met. You know, at that place.
I’m the MD of a digital optimisation agency called Draw Focus and most days can be found helping companies get their strategies, websites and apps to do what they are meant to be doing.
Early mornings, I write.
Late nights, I do stand-up (both my own & writing for others).
In between those things I run, sleep and try to keep my kids alive.
You can talk to me via the magic of electronic mail here: kentoski at gmail dot com or via twitter.com/kentvalentine
If you’re really keen you can read about more stand-up stuff below. It’s written in the third person for a reason which I can neither explain nor defend.
“Valentine is equal parts prepossessing, cavalier, clever and hilarious enough to make it both sincere and original.” – Jo Higgins, State of the Arts
Kent Valentine tells stories that are full of jokes and his infectious mix of irreverence and enthusiastic optimism makes him one of the most dynamic comedians on the comedy landscape.
His five solo shows at the Melbourne International Comedy Festival (Fablemonger, How to love everyone (even the arseholes), A Fistful of Rainbows, What Would Batman Do? & Be My [Kent] Valentine) have all been critically acclaimed, and his most recent show Fablemonger was nominated for a critics award by Australian Comedy Review.
Kent currently lives and works in the UK, opening and headlining clubs all around the country.
In 2005, Kent was one of 4 Australian comics selected to perform in The Comedy Zone, a festival show run by the Melbourne Comedy Festival that showcases Australia’s best new talent.
From 2007 to 2008 Kent was the Editor of (and then a columnist for) RoveDaily.com.au, producing satirical news content, commentaries and reviews.
While they were on air, Kent had a regular guest spot on the Triple J radio breakfast show with Adam Spencer and Wil Anderson.
Kent also established and ran A Mic in Hand at the Friend in Hand, Sydney’s favourite open mic comedy venue with Sam Bowring from 2003 until June 2007.
Kent hates talking about himself in the 3rd person, but hey, what can you do?
- 2010 – Kent Valentine: Fablemonger – solo show (Melbourne Comedy Festival, Hollywood Fringe Festival, Manchester Comedy Festival, Brighton Fringe Festival)
- 2009 – How to love everyone (even the arseholes) – solo show (Melbourne Comedy Festival, Edinburgh Fringe Festival)
- 2008 – A Fistful of Rainbows – solo show (Adelaide Fringe, Melbourne Comedy Festival, Cracker Comedy Festival, Leicester Comedy Festival & Brighton Fringe)
- 2007 – What Would Batman Do? -solo show (Melbourne Comedy Festival, Cracker Comedy Festival)
- 2007 – Splitting the Bill 2: Receipts Ahoy – with Sam Bowring (Adelaide Fringe Festival)
- 2006 – By My (Kent) Valentine – solo show (Melbourne Comedy Festival)
- 2006 – Splitting the Bill – with Sam Bowring(Adelaide Fringe Festival)
- 2005 – The Comedy Zone – ensemble show (Melbourne Comedy Festival)
- 2008 – Stand-up Australia
- 2007 – Stand-up Australia
- 2007 – Cracker Comedy Gala
- 2006 – Stand-up Australia (twice)
- 2005 – The Best of Dolphin Juice
- 2012 – Henning Knows Best – BBC Radio 2
- 2007-2008 – Editor, RoveDaily.com.au’s satirical news section
- 2008 – Columnist, RoveDaily.com.au’s satirical news section
- 2007 – Guest columnist, The Age